MONDAY, APRIL 10, 2017
Not the “Ides of April”
Saturday will be your official dreaded TAX DAY, but you’ll have till midnight on April 18 to make sure your check is in the mail. But April 15 is not the “Ides of April,” although many of our readers feel like Julius Caesar on the Ides of March, because Obama and our Crooks in Congress kept stabbing over-taxed payers in the back whenever they saw how much money was being confiscated from their weekly paychecks. According to the Roman calendar, The “Ides of April” comes on April 13. Still, in Today’s Whistleblower Minute, Hurley the Historian says:
- On April 15, 1865, President Lincoln died, after being shot the night before at Ford’s Theater.
- On April 15, 1912, the Titanic sank after striking an iceberg.
- On April 15, 1986, Muammar al-Qaddafi was cleaning up his tent after President Reagan ordered the air strike on Libya the night before.
- But in 1954, April 15 became the deadline for Income tax returns.
- Though the Constitution banned a Federal Income Tax (Art.1, Sec.9), Lincoln passed an emergency income tax to pay for the Civil War. It was repealed in 1872.
- An income tax was attempted in 1895, but the Supreme Court declared it unconstitutional in Pollock v Farmers’ Loan.
- In 1913, with World War I threatening, Woodrow Wilson promoted the 16th Amendment, which was a 1 percent tax on the top 1 percent richest people.
- In 1942, with World War II, Franklin Roosevelt passed “The Greatest Tax Bill in American history.”
- John F. Kennedy stated April 20, 1961: “In meeting the demands of war finance, the individual income tax moved from a selective tax imposed on the wealthy to the means by which the great majority of our citizens participate in paying.”
- In 1988, President Reagan said: “I believe God did give mankind unlimited gifts to invent, produce and create. And for that reason it would be wrong for governments to devise a tax structure that suppresses those gifts.”
- And in 2013, a couple of Obama’s Radical Islamic Terrorists were responsible for the Boston Marathon Bombing.
Now, during the Obama Recession, we had some new simplified tax forms:
The Whistleblower’s Three Quick Fixes
Hurley the Historian says Disingenuous DemocRATS and Obama Supporters in the Press may still be blaming President Trump for everything that’s ever gone wrong in America since the Battle of Bunker Hill, but Wednesday will still be your dreaded TAX DAY and The Blower will now once again offers these three common-sense suggestions to fix our whole tax-and-spending mess:
More Talk About Taxes
But as the Official Voice of the Conservative Agenda, our Beloved Whistleblower Publisher Charles Foster Kane likes Winston Churchill’s “There is no such thing as a good tax,” and our Quote for Today Committee wholeheartedly agrees.
And Don’t Forget to Pay Every Cent of Your Taxes
In the City of Loveland, mean-spirited rent-a-prosecutors like Strauss & Troy’s Joe “The Killer Prosecutor” Braun will drag your ass into court for $1.16.
TAX TRAUMA HOT LINE
e-mail your tales of woe today.
Some anti-tax items in today’s Blower were sent in by our equally anti-tax subscribers, like this important tax reminder
25 million illegal immigrants (Undocumented Future DemocRATS) are depending on you!
And don’t forget, when calling the IRS, you still have to “press 1” for English